We aim for innovation and excellence
We offer excellent opportunities for individuals seeking to strive and flourish in the research, consultancy and standard setting industry. We have a few positions currently available and more to come. We encourage early applications for our provider register. We are keen to receive capability statements from organisations involved in providing services that may support our work.
Research/ Project Officer
Date October 2017
Position Title Research / Project Officer
Location Soundys Building, 373 Elizabeth St, North Hobart, TAS
Artibus Innovation is one of six Skills Service Organisations (SSO) in Australia. SSOs manage national
training standards for major industry groups. The function of the position is to conduct research and
development projects in relation to this work.
- Undertaking labour market and industry research and interpreting policy requirements
- Collecting and collating statistical and other data and project information
- Analysing and interpreting research findings and data
- Report writing and the preparation of project/service outputs for distribution to clients
- Supporting the delivery of secretariat services to various committees; and
- Assisting the Chief Executive Officer and other senior management when required.
This position may include some intrastate and interstate travel.
You will work under the supervision of the relevant Industry Manager/Project Manager regarding
project/service specific tasks and issues.
You will report to a nominated supervisor for all general matters, unless otherwise agreed by the Chief
You will maintain a confidential relationship with the organisation in all matters relating to its business and
must adhere to company policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The following selection criteria apply to this position:
- Project management skills
- Proven skills in contemporary quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Ability to think analytically and with a high attention to detail and limited supervision
- Lateral thinking, challenge status quo
- High level IT literacy, in particular fluency with office applications, the internet and databases
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- An aptitude to work in a small team environment
- Capacity to exercise initiative, judgement, discretion and confidentiality
- The capacity to develop and maintain strong relationships with staff, clients and stakeholders
- Understanding of quality systems
Previous experience and knowledge of the Vocational Education and Training is desirable.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please ensure you have addressed all of the above selection criteria in your application
Closing Date: 8th November 2017
Training Package Technical Writers
If you would like to be considered for technical writing contract work, please send a current resume and capability statment to Artibus Innovation at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title your email as Technical Writing Contract Work.
Specialists and experts provider register
If you would like to go onto our register of providers then please send us your current capability statement. We are interested in approaches from organisations and consultants with experience in any aspect of the training product life cycle. Please email us for a discussion on this opportunity at email@example.com