A case for change to transition two qualifications to the Standards for Training Packages 2012 was endorsed by the AISC in February 2018 and a subsequent Activity Order was issued to fully update the structure and composition of the following qualifications and associated 17 units of competency:
- CPC30413 Certificate III in Demolition
- CPC41013 Certificate IV in Demolition
The Technical Advisory Group has recommended the addition of 4 new units of competency:
- CPCCDE3027 Read and interpret demolition site workplans
- CPCCDE4005 Apply structural principles to the demolition of structures
- CPCCDE4006 Demolish stressed and pre-cast structures
- CPCCDE4007 Manage waste streams
A parallel review of the Building and Construction qualifications has resulted in a recommendation that the two certificate IV units of competency relating to asbestos removal be re-housed and consequently recoded under the Certificate IV in Demolition. The Demolition TAG agreed with this proposal.
- CPCCBC4051A Supervise asbestos removal
- CPCCBC5014A Conduct asbestos assessment associated with removal
Artibus Innovation has consulted with subject matter experts to ensure that the content of the asbestos units align with the Code of Practice for the Management and Control and Asbestos in the Workplace.
Last updated: August 2019
This project has had 907 visitors.
Public consultation and feedback
The following is a list of training package components under review in this project:
Project components are scheduled to be listed soon.
The TAG Members page is not currently available.
The research section is not currently available.
The have your say page is not yet available. This is an experimental page.