On behalf of the Construction, Plumbing and Services IRC, Artibus Innovation is reviewing and updating training package components for Demolition, with package components to be confirmed.
A Technical Advisory Group (TAG) has been established to provide key input on the:
- suitability of packaging of the qualifications
- unit relevancy and content.
The first TAG meeting was held 13 July 2018. TAG members advised on:
- recoding the units to reflect to better reflect the demolition sector - proposed code CPCDEMOxxxxx
- updating the packaging rules of both qualifications to align with current vocational outcomes
- updating the 18 demolition unique units of competency
- developing 5 new units of competency for the Certificate III and 2 new units for the Certificate IV to address specific industry needs (e.g. units focusing on demolition work plans and public liability)
- removing units of competency that are not fit for purpose
- potentially merging 3 units of competency to reduce duplication.
On behalf of the Construction, Plumbing and Services Industry Reference Committee, Artibus Innovation invites you to attend the workshops below, which will include consultation on the draft units relating to asbestos, which have been re-templated to Standards for Training Packages 2012:
- CPCCDE3014A Remove non-friable asbestos
- CPCCDE3015A Remove friable asbestos
- CPCCBC4051A Supervise asbestos removal
- CPCCBC5014A Conduct asbestos assessment associated with removal
One aim of the workshops is to consult with subject matter experts to ensure that the content of the asbestos units align with the Code of Practice for the Management and Control and Asbestos in the Workplace.
These workshops will also discuss the review of two qualifications:
- CPC3XX19 Certificate III in Demolition
- CPC4XX19 Certificate IV in Demolition
The Technical Advisory Group has recommended the addition of 4 new units of competency:
- CPCCDE3027 Read and interpret demolition site workplans
- CPCCDE4005 Apply structural principles to the demolition of structures
- CPCCDE4006 Demolish stressed and pre-cast structures
- CPCCDE4007 Manage waste streams
Excluding the asbestos units, this review is nearly at validation stage so this will be one of the final opportunities to provide input prior to the development of the Case for Endorsement.
Please register here to attend any of the following forums:
Wednesday 20th February 2019, 11.00 am – 1.30 pm
Housing Industry Training Board
28 Collie Street, Fyshwick 2609 ACT
Friday 22nd February 2019, 9.30 am – 12.00 pm
Side Entrance, 67 Federal Street, North Hobart 7000 TAS
Monday 25th February 2019, 11.30 am – 2.00 pm
6/7-9 Underwood Road, Homebush 2140 NSW
Tuesday 26th February 2019, 9.30 am – 12.00 pm
ComTech Training - Construction Training Centre
Gate 1 - Building 4, Entry 5, 460-490 Beaudesert Road, Salisbury 4107
Last updated: February 2019
This project has had 386 visitors.
- hold technical advisory group (TAG) meetings
- draft training package components
- undertake consultation with industry
Public consultation and feedback
The following is a list of training package components linked to this project:
Project components are scheduled to be listed soon.
The following is a list of milestones for this project:
Milestones have not been set for this project yet.
The TAG Members page is not currently available.
The research section is not currently available.
The have your say page is not yet available. This is an experimental page.