Project: Painting and Decorating
On behalf of the Construction, Plumbing and Services IRC, Artibus Innovation is reviewing and updating the CPC3XX19 Certificate III in Painting and Decorating qualification and 17 units of competency.
The Technical Advisory Group has agreed to make the latest draft of the qualification and units available for stakeholder comment until April 5th, 2019.
Artibus Innovation is seeking broad painting industry feedback on the proposed updates to the Certificate III in Painting and Decorating.
The Technical Advisory Group has evaluated industry feedback and has made key recommendations on the packaging of the qualification and to the intent and content of the units.
Discussion continues about the content of the following two units:
- CPCCPD3034 - Apply advanced decorative paint finishes
- CPCCPD3031 - Implement safe lead paint and asbestos work practices in the painting industry
Stakeholder comment on these units will assist the TAG to determine what updates are required.
The TAG has also been informed of the latest Construction, Plumbing and Services IRC decisions to incorporate:
- CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction unit in the core of each CPC qualification
- the following statement to the Application section of every CPC unit:
‘Completion of the general construction induction training program specified by the model Code of Practice for Construction Work is required for any person who is to carry out construction work. Achievement of CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry meets this requirement.‘
The qualification and units have been amended to reflect the IRC’s decision.
Last updated: April 2019
This project has had 871 visitors.
Public consultation and feedback
The following is a list of training package components linked to this project:
- CPC3XX19 Certificate III in Painting and Decorating
Units of Competency:
- CPCCPD2011 Handle painting and decorating materials
- CPCCPD2012 Use painting and decorating tools and equipment
- CPCCPD2013 Remove and replace doors and door and window components
- CPCCPD3021 Prepare surfaces for painting
- CPCCPD3022 Apply paint by brush and roller
- CPCCPD3023 Apply texture coat paint finishes by brush, roller and spray
- CPCCPD3024 Apply paint by spray
- CPCCPD3025 Match specified paint colour
- CPCCPD3026 Apply stains and clear timber finishes
- CPCCPD3027 Apply wallpaper
- CPCCPD3028 Apply decorative paint finishes
- CPCCPD3029 Remove graffiti and apply protective coatings
- CPCCPD3030 Apply protective paint coating systems
- CPCCPD3031 Implement safe lead paint and asbestos work practices in the painting industry
- CPCCPD3032 Apply advanced wallpaper techniques
- CPCCPD3033 Apply intumescent coatings
- CPCCPD3034 Apply advanced decorative paint finishes
The following is a list of milestones for this project:
Milestones have not been set for this project yet.
The TAG Members page is not currently available.
The research section is not currently available.
The have your say page is not yet available. This is an experimental page.