Project: Painting and Decorating
On behalf of the Construction, Plumbing and Services IRC, Artibus Innovation is reviewing and updating the CPC3XX19 Certificate III in Painting and Decorating qualification and 17 units of competency.
A Technical Advisory Group has met twice and recommended the development of one new unit of competency; Prepare new surfaces for painting, with a subsequent minor change to the packaging rules.
Based on feedback received to date and TAG advice, updated units are currently being drafted. Artibus Innovation has sought stakeholder feedback on two issues which the TAG is considering:
- There has been a suggestion that within the current core unit; CPCCPD3028A Apply decorative paint finishes, that the 'Decorative paint finishes of basic imitation marbling and basic imitation wood graining' be removed given that 'Produce imitation marble effects' and 'Produce imitation wood grain effects' are within the elective unit; CPCCPD3034A Apply advanced decorative paint finishes. Please note this is not a proposal to remove this unit from the core.
- It has also been suggested that a unit of competency relating to "rope work" for painters working in difficult to access sites may be beneficial.
The TAG will meet again in late January 2019 to consider the feedback received and to review the latest draft of the units prior them being made available for stakeholder feedback.
Last updated: February 2019
This project has had 471 visitors.
- hold technical advisory group (TAG) meetings
- draft training package components
- undertake consultation with industry
Public consultation and feedback
The following is a list of training package components linked to this project:
- CPC3XX19 Certificate III in Painting and Decorating
Units of Competency:
- CPCCPD2011 Handle painting and decorating materials
- CPCCPD2012 Use painting and decorating tools and equipment
- CPCCPD2013 Remove and replace doors and door and window components
- CPCCPD3021 Prepare surfaces for painting
- CPCCPD3022 Apply paint by brush and roller
- CPCCPD3023 Apply texture coat paint finishes by brush, roller and spray
- CPCCPD3024 Apply paint by spray
- CPCCPD3025 Match specified paint colour
- CPCCPD3026 Apply stains and clear timber finishes
- CPCCPD3027 Apply wallpaper
- CPCCPD3028 Apply decorative paint finishes
- CPCCPD3029 Remove graffiti and apply protective coatings
- CPCCPD3030 Apply protective paint coating systems
- CPCCPD3031 Implement safe lead paint and asbestos work practices in the painting industry
- CPCCPD3032 Apply advanced wallpaper techniques
- CPCCPD3033 Apply intumescent coatings
- CPCCPD3034 Apply advanced decorative paint finishes
The following is a list of milestones for this project:
Milestones have not been set for this project yet.
The TAG Members page is not currently available.
The research section is not currently available.
The have your say page is not yet available. This is an experimental page.