Project: Swimming Pool and Spa Building
On behalf of the Construction, Plumbing and Services IRC, Artibus Innovation is reviewing and developing the CPP40808 Certificate IV in Swimming Pool and Spa Building qualification and 10 units of competency.
The processes supporting the review involved:
- an initial desktop audit of the units and qualification
- the formation of a technical advisory group to provide advice on improvements to the qualification and units
- consultation sessions with the industry’s peak body, the Swimming Pool and Spa Association of Australia and industry stakeholders in Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth and Brisbane.
The project is also guided by several key principles underpinning current government reforms to training packages to:
- support individuals to move easily from one related occupation to another
- improve the efficiency of the training system at the unit level, and
- foster greater recognition of skill sets.
Ten new units were developed to reflect skills and knowledge specific to swimming pool and spa building and current industry practices. The assessment requirements and the performance and knowledge evidence were designed to provide the detail sought by industry and to support enhanced quality of training and assessment in swimming pool and spa building.
It is proposed that ‘structural principles’ and ‘compliance with building codes and standards’ relevant to swimming pool and spa building be embedded in the relevant new units to ensure that the important concepts are applied in context. This would effectively mean the deletion of two units:
The qualification has also been reviewed for fitness for purpose and structural effectiveness to reflect current work functions and job roles in the industry. It includes trade related skills associated with in-ground and above ground swimming pools and spas, as well as planning and project management skills.
The drafts of 10 sector specific units and one qualification are now available for public consideration. The CPCCBC general construction units imported into the qualification are provided for information. The other imported units are hyperlinked in the qualification template so that they can be viewed on training.gov.au.
The Project Brief 1 Swimming Pool and Spa Building provides a summary of the project to date and also a mapping of the units.
Last updated: June 2019
This project has had 425 visitors.
Public consultation and feedback
The following is a list of training package components linked to this project:
- CPP40808 Certificate IV in Swimming Pool and Spa Building
Units of Competency:
- CPCSPSXXXX Apply and finish sprayed concrete for swimming pool and spa shells
- CPCSPSXXXX Commission ancillary pool systems and hand over to client
- CPCSPSXXXX Install above ground swimming pools and spas
- CPCSPSXXXX Install prefabricated fibre-glass swimming pools and spas
- CPCSPSXXXX Install swimming pool and spa recirculation system pipework and system components
- CPCSPSXXXX Install swimming pool and spa sub-soil drainage
- CPCSPSXXXX Investigate and prepare pool and spa sites
- CPCSPSXXXX Lay swimming pool and spa coping
- CPCSPSXXXX SelectProcureAndStoreConstructionMaterialsForSwimmingPoolAndSpaProjects
- CPCSPSXXXX Undertake interior finishing of swimming pools and spas
The following is a list of milestones for this project:
Milestones have not been set for this project yet.
The TAG Members page is not currently available.
The research section is not currently available.
The have your say page is not yet available. This is an experimental page.