Project: Investigative Services
On behalf of the Property Services IRC, Artibus Innovation has reviewed and developed the CPP30607 Certificate III in Investigative Services qualification and 10 units of competency.
The aims of this project are:
- to transition and update the qualification to align with the 2012 Standards for Training Packages and the COAG Industry and Skill Council directives
- to review and update the qualification in line with industry and training needs.
The Certificate III in Investigative Services leads to the occupation of Private Investigator or Private Inquiry Agent. This occupation typically conducts investigations as directed by clients, such as those outside of the scope of policing. Areas of investigative work may be broad-ranging and important for resolving legal issues, including:
- fraud detection, insurance fraud and investigation,
- OHS investigations,
- family law,
- consuming investigations, and
- missing people investigations.
Clients may include government agencies, businesses and general members of the public.
Changes in the technology used in the security industry have decreased the demand for private investigators. However, this is also giving rise to a demand for Private Investigation services to operate in the online environment, particularly for investigations of online fraud.
Advice on downstream effects of the change
The following six units of competency are proposed units:
- CPPSEC3004A Lead small teams in the security industry
- CPPSEC3034A Operate information gathering equipment
- CPPSEC3048A Maintain effective relationships with security clients
- CPPSEC3049A Modify and repair security equipment and system
- CPPSEC4002A Implement effective communication techniques
- CPPSEC5007A Assess biometrics system.
There will be a teach out period of 12-months. Training providers will have to update their scope accordingly and must not enrol or train students after this 12-month period.
Last updated: August 2019
This project has had 588 visitors.
Public consultation and feedback
The following is a list of training package components under review in this project:
- CPP30607 Certificate III in Investigative Services
Units of Competency:
- CPPINV3026 Work effectively in investigative services
- CPPINV3027 Develop investigation plans
- CPPINV3028 Investigate and locate subjects
- CPPINV3029 Provide quality investigative services to clients
- CPPINV3030 Conduct factual investigations
- CPPINV3031 Conduct interviews and take statements to support investigations
- CPPINV3032 Develop factual investigation reports
- CPPINV3033 Conduct covert surveillance operations
- CPPINV3034 Organise and operate surveillance vehicles
- CPPINV3035 Develop surveillance investigation reports
The TAG Members page is not currently available.
The research section is not currently available.
The have your say page is not yet available. This is an experimental page.