Project: Investigative Services
On behalf of the Property Services IRC, Artibus Innovation is reviewing and updating the CPP3XX19 Certificate III in Investigative Services qualification and 9 units of competency.
The aims of this project are:
- to transition and update the qualification to align with the 2012 Standards for Training Packages and the COAG Industry and Skill Council directives
- to review and update the qualification in line with industry and training needs.
The Certificate III in Investigative Services leads to the occupation of Private Investigator or Private Inquiry Agent. This occupation typically conducts investigations as directed by clients, such as those outside of the scope of policing. Areas of investigative work may be broad-ranging and important for resolving legal issues, including:
- fraud detection, insurance fraud and investigation,
- OHS investigations,
- family law,
- consuming investigations, and
- missing people investigations.
Clients may include government agencies, businesses and general members of the public.
Changes in the technology used in the security industry have decreased the demand for private investigators. However, this is also giving rise to a demand for Private Investigation services to operate in the online environment, particularly for investigations of online fraud.
A Technical Advisory Group (TAG), Chaired by Property and Services IRC member John Fleming, has been established to provide key input on the:
- suitability of packaging of the qualifications
- unit relevancy and content, and:
- Does there need to be more focus on online investigations in the qualification?
- Does the pathway for the Certificate III in Investigative Services need to be better articulated to align with broad regulatory scopes of work?
- Is this qualification AQF level (level 3) an accurate reflection of its position in the security qualifications pathway?
Last updated: April 2019
This project has had 331 visitors.
Public consultation and feedback
The following is a list of training package components linked to this project:
- CPP3XX19 Certificate III in Investigative Services
Units of Competency:
- CPPSEC3026 Work effectively in investigative services
- CPPSEC3027 Develop investigation plans
- CPPSEC3028 Develop factual investigation reports
- CPPSEC3030 Conduct covert surveillance operations
- CPPSEC3031 Organise and operate surveillance vehicles
- CPPSEC3032 Conduct factual investigations
- CPPSEC3033 Conduct interviews and take statements to support investigations
- CPPSEC3XXX Develop surveillance investigation reports
- CPPSEC3XXX Investigate and locate subjects
The following is a list of milestones for this project:
Milestones have not been set for this project yet.
The TAG Members page is not currently available.
The research section is not currently available.
The have your say page is not yet available. This is an experimental page.