Project: Remote Area Building Repairs and Maintenance
On behalf of the Construction, Plumbing and Services IRC, Artibus Innovation is reviewing and updating the CPCXXXX Certificate III in Remote Area Building Repairs and Maintenance qualification.
This project will use, as a foundation, an accredited course to create a national qualification available for remote areas Australia wide. The majority of residents in remote communities throughout Australia are indigenous and some of the most disadvantaged job seekers. The aim of the Certificate III in Remote Area Repairs and Maintenance is to provide:
- meaningful training and a pathway from Certificate II level qualifications in building and construction
- context specific skills and knowledge for the repair, maintenance and asset protection of residential and commercial buildings in remote communities
- building of local workforce capacity and Indigenous participation in economic and employment opportunities.
The units and assessment requirements will be written to reflect cultural protocols and practices and industry expectations, and the Companion Volume Implementation Guide will be updated with additional information on this niche sector targeted at training providers and consumers.
Last updated: November 2018
This project has had 45 visitors.
- project planning
- stakeholder engagement and consultation
- establish a technical advisory group (TAG)
Public consultation and feedback
The following is a list of the training package components being considered in this project:
- CPCXXXX Certificate III in Remote Area Building Repairs and Maintenance
The following is a list of milestones for this project:
Milestones have not been set for this project yet.
The TAG Members page is not currently available.
The research section is not currently available.
The have your say page is not yet available.