Project: Solid Plastering
On behalf of the Construction, Plumbing and Services IRC, Artibus Innovation is reviewing and updating the CPC3XX19 Certificate III in Solid Plastering qualification and 14 units of competency.
The Construction, Plumbing and Services IRC is updating the Building Completion Service qualifications in the CPC training package to align with key drivers for change (ie, new technologies, digitisation, new work practices, environmental regulations and new WHS requirements), current vocational outcomes, and transition to the Standards for Training Packages 2012.
The building completion services sectors involve “finishing” work such as plastering, carpentry, tiling and painting and decorating. Typically, businesses operate in local or specialised niche markets with few businesses operating in more than one state or territory. Across these sectors, licensing requirements vary depending on the type of work.
The qualifications in the scope of this project are meeting the needs of the skill shortage areas including: roof, wall and floor tilers, and solid and fibrous plasterers. The design of qualifications will support articulation and strengthen cross sector pathways to support occupational mobility.
A Technical Advisory Group (TAG) has been established to provide key input on the:
- suitability of packaging
- inclusion of skill sets
- unit relevancy and content.
Last updated: January 2019
This project has had 76 visitors.
Public consultation and feedback
The following is a list of training package components linked to this project:
- CPC3XX19 Certificate III in Solid Plastering
Units of Competency:
- CPCCPB3012 Cut and fix paper-faced cornices
- CPCCPB3015 Install acoustic and thermal environmental protection systems
- CPCCPB3026B Erect and maintain trestle and plank systems
- CPCCSP2001 Handle solid plastering materials
- CPCCSP2002 Use solid plastering tools and equipment
- CPCCSP2003 Prepare surfaces for plastering
- CPCCSP3001 Apply float and render to straight and curved surfaces
- CPCCSP3002 Apply set coats
- CPCCSP3003 Apply trowelled testure coat finishes
- CPCCSP3004 Restore and renovate solid plasterwork
- CPCCSP3005 Install pre-cast decorative mouldings
- CPCCSP3006 Install cast plaster blockwork
- CPCCSP3007 Apply plaster by projection machine
- CPCCSPXXXX Carry out conite construction
The following is a list of milestones for this project:
Milestones have not been set for this project yet.
The TAG Members page is not currently available.
The research section is not currently available.
The have your say page is not yet available. This is an experimental page.