On behalf of the Construction, Plumbing and Services IRC, Artibus Innovation is reviewing and developing the CPC30318 Certificate III in Concreting qualification and 18 units of competency.
Although this qualification was recently updated, a further review has been triggered by updates to other CPC training package components.
This review will:
- ensure core units that are updated as part of another project are still fit for purpose for training and industry needs
- ensure that recently released National Construction Code (NCC) updates are incorporated, where appropriate.
The imported core units of competency requiring further consideration are:
- CPCCCA2003 Erect and dismantle formwork for footings and slabs on ground
- CPCCCM1012 Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1013 Plan and organise work
- CPCCCM1014 Conduct workplace communication
- CPCCCM1015 Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCCM2001 Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCCM2006 Apply basic levelling procedures
- CPCCSF2004 Place and fix reinforcement materials
- CPCCWHS2001 Apply WHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry.
The specific concreting units to be re-examined are:
- CPCCCO2021- Handle concreting materials
- CPCCCO2022- Select, check and maintain concreting plant, tools and equipment
- CPCCCO3035- Assess and specify concrete supply requirements
- CPCCCO3036- Plan concrete work and brief team
- CPCCCO3041- Place concrete
- CPCCCO3042- Finish concrete
- CPCCCO3043- Cure concrete
- CPCCCO3044- Apply decorative finishes to concrete
- CPCCCO3046- Repair and rectify concrete
- CPCCCO3047- Cut and core concrete
- CPCCCO3048- Construct tilt panels on site
- CPCCCO3049- Apply and finish sprayed concrete
- CPCCCO3050- Carry out high performance concreting
- CPCCCO3051- Conduct off-form vertical concrete operations
- CPCCCO3052- Conduct concrete boom delivery operations
- CPCCCO3053- Slump test concrete
- CPCCCO3054- Operate concrete agitator trucks
- CPCCCO3055- Install topping slabs.
With the guidance of the Construction, Plumbing and Services Industry Reference Committee Artibus Innovation will be seeking input from subject matter experts and other interested stakeholders.
We encourage you to let us know if this think this qualification could be improved and if so, how. Please follow the link below to provide your feedback.
This project is due for delivery in May 2020.
Last updated: July 2019
This project has had 57 visitors.
Public consultation and feedback
The following is a list of training package components linked to this project:
- CPC30318 Certificate III in Concreting
Units of Competency:
- CPCCCO2021 Handle concreting materials
- CPCCCO2022 Select, check and maintain concreting plant, tools and equipment
- CPCCCO3035 Assess and specify concrete supply requirements
- CPCCCO3036 Plan concrete work and brief team
- CPCCCO3041 Place concrete
- CPCCCO3042 Finish concrete
- CPCCCO3043 Cure concrete
- CPCCCO3044 Apply decorative finishes to concrete
- CPCCCO3046 Repair and rectify concrete
- CPCCCO3047 Cut and core concrete
- CPCCCO3048 Construct tilt panels on site
- CPCCCO3049 Apply and finish sprayed concrete
- CPCCCO3050 Carry out high performance concreting
- CPCCCO3051 Conduct off-form vertical concrete operations
- CPCCCO3052 Conduct concrete boom delivery operations
- CPCCCO3053 Slump test concrete
- CPCCCO3054 Operate concrete agitator trucks
- CPCCCO3055 Install topping slabs
The following is a list of milestones for this project:
Milestones have not been set for this project yet.
The TAG Members page is not currently available.
The research section is not currently available.
The have your say page is not yet available. This is an experimental page.