Project: Swimming Pool and Spa Building
On behalf of the Construction, Plumbing and Services IRC, Artibus Innovation has reviewed the swimming pool and spa building components in the CPC Construction, Plumbing and Services Training Package.
There is one revised qualification, the CPC40819 Certificate IV in Swimming Pool and Spa Building.
The key changes are:
- the qualification has been updated to the Standards for Training Packages 2012
- ten new units have been developed specific to swimming pool and spa building and one unit has been revised and recoded from CPCCBC to CPCSPS
- changes have been made to the packaging rules to support flexibility:
- the revised qualification has ten core units and eight elective units. Previously, CPC40808 Certificate IV in Swimming Pool and Spa Building had seventeen core units and one elective unit.
- Group A elective units provide technical skills and knowledge, while the Group B elective units provide project management and small business management skills and knowledge.
- two units are proposed for deletion:
- CPCCBC4048A Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for swimming pools and spas. Compliance with building codes and standards relevant to swimming pool and spa building is embedded in the relevant new units to ensure that the important concepts are applied in context.
- CPCCBC4049A Apply structural principles to construction of swimming pools and spas. Content is embedded in CPCSPS4001 Investigate and prepare swimming pool site and in other relevant units so that structural principles are applied in context.
The final draft units and qualification is available below.
For further information contact the project manager on the details below.
|1. Remove obsolete and superfluous qualifications from the system||
No qualification has been removed.
However, the CPC40808 Certificate IV in Swimming Pool and Spa Building has been revised and made more relevant for the industry.
|2. Make more information about industry’s expectations of training delivery available||The ten new units address the swimming pool and spa building industry’s expectations of training.|
|3. Ensure the training system better supports individuals to move easily from one related occupation to another||The inclusion of project management and small business management units of competency in the qualification provides opportunities for people with trade skills to move off the tools into supervisory roles.|
|4. Improve the efficiency of the training system at unit level||
Two units have been proposed for deletion from the national register:
|5. Foster greater recognition of skill sets||While skill sets have not been formally identified as part of this project, the range of units in the qualification would enable RTOs to create their own skills to suit individual learners or enterprises.|
Last updated: January 2020
This project has had 791 visitors.
Public consultation and feedback
The following is a list of training package components under review in this project:
- CPC40808 Certificate IV in Swimming Pool and Spa Building
Units of Competency:
- CPCSPS4001 Investigate and prepare pool and spa sites
- CPCSPS4002 SelectProcureAndStoreConstructionMaterialsForSwimmingPoolAndSpaProjects
- CPCSPS4003 Install swimming pool and spa sub-soil drainage
- CPCSPS4004 Install swimming pool and spa recirculation system pipework and system components
- CPCSPS4005 Install prefabricated fibre-glass swimming pools and spas
- CPCSPS4006 Apply and finish sprayed concrete for swimming pool and spa shells
- CPCSPS4007 Commission ancillary pool systems and hand over to client
- CPCSPS4008 Install above ground swimming pools and spas
- CPCSPS4009 Undertake interior finishing of swimming pools and spas
- CPCSPS4010 Lay swimming pool and spa coping
- CPCSPS4011 Install precast concrete swimming pools
The TAG Members page is not currently available.
The research section is not currently available.
This is an experimental page.