Project: Building Design
On behalf of the Property Services IRC, Artibus Innovation has reviewed the building design training package components. A revised suite of qualifications has been developed comprising:
- CPP40119 Certificate IV in Residential Drafting
- CPP50919 Diploma of Building Design
- CPP60419 Advanced Diploma of Building Design
- CPP80219 Graduate Diploma of Building Design.
Thankyou to everyone who has provided input into this project. The Case for Endorsement will be considered by the Australian Industry Skills Committee at their meeting on February 25th. A project update will be released upon receipt of the official Communique from that meeting.
The case for endoresment is available from the downloads section below.
In summary the key changes are:
- The introduction of an Advanced Diploma of Building Design. This new qualification was developed to improve articulation and occupational progression between the Diploma and the Graduate Diploma of Building Design.
- Qualifications are structured to relate to increasingly complex building design projects.
- Entry requirements have been introduced for the Diploma, Advanced Diploma and Graduate Diploma of Building Design to provide employers with greater confidence that building design graduates have the necessary knowledge and skills to work in the industry.
- The range of elective units has been reduced and more targeted to work practices in building design to provide employers with confidence that graduates have the necessary knowledge and skills to work in the industry.
- Units have been reviewed and updated to better reflect current industry skills, knowledge and work practices and align with the building classifications and construction types and compliance requirements set out in the NCC. In total there are 33 building design units:
- twenty-four units were updated
- nine new units were developed, and
- eight units were recommended for removal.
- The CPP80113 Graduate Certificate in Building Design recommended for removal. The qualification has had zero enrolments for a sustained period and no registered training organisation has it on scope. The units are retained in the Graduate Diploma of Building Design.
The final draft units and qualifications and a mapping which summarises changes to the units is available below.
Last updated: February 2020
This project has had 2243 visitors.
Public consultation and feedback
CPP40119 Certificate IV in Residential drafting
CPP50919 Diploma of Building design
CPP60419 Advanced Diploma of Building design
CPP80219 Graduate Diploma of Building design