Project: Swimming Pool and Spa Service
This project was completed on the 28th of October, 2019.
On behalf of the Property Services IRC, Artibus Innovation has reviewed and developed the CPP41319 Certificate IV in Swimming Pool and Spa Service qualification and 14 units of competency.
The final versions of the Certificate IV in Swimming Pool and Spa Service qualification and sector specific units of competency are now available for validation. Validation is sought that they accurately reflect current industry skills, knowledge, practices and job functions.
There are 14 updated units:
- CPPSPS4001 Assess and treat water problems in swimming pools and spas
- CPPSPS4002 Install and repair swimming pool and spa circulation and filtration systems
- CPPSPS4003 Install and repair swimming pool and spa dosing systems
- CPPSPS4004 Install and repair swimming pool and spa cleaning and vacuuming systems
- CPPSPS4005 Install, service and repair swimming pool and spa heating systems
- CPPSPS4006 Install, service and repair swimming pool and spa low voltage lighting systems
- CPPSPS4007 Inspect, service and repair aquatic facility plant and equipment
- CPPSPS4008 Install, service and repair spas
- CPPSPS4009 Estimate cost of swimming pool and spa products and services
- CPPSPS4012 Design, install and service automated systems for swimming pools and spas
- CPPSPS4013 Establish maintenance plans for swimming pools and spas
- CPPSPS4014 Drain and acid wash swimming pools and spas
- CPPSPS4015 Advise on swimming pool and spa products and services
- CPPSPS4016 Detect leaks in swimming pools and spas.
Three units are recommended for removal:
- CPPSPS4010A Manage own role as a swimming pool and spa technician
- replaced with cross sector unit: CPPCOM4001 Manage own work, professional development and ethical behaviour
- CPPSPS4011A Comply with regulatory requirements for swimming pool and spa servicing
- regulatory requirements are embedded in the relevant units so that regulation can be applied in context
- CPPSPS4015A Maintain spa water quality
- spa water quality is embedded into CPPSPS4001 Assess and treat water problems in swimming pool and spas.
Further to the first round of consultation, Thursday 11 April until Thursday 9 May 2019, additional SIS units (from the SIS Sport, Fitness and Recreation Training Package) have been added to the electives available in the qualification. The SIS units increase options in aquatic technical operations and could be selected to meet the WA accreditation requirements for Pool Plant Operators or to achieve the nationally recognised skill set SISSS0011 Aquatic Technical Operator.
The BSB units (from the BSB Business Services Training Package) in the electives provide business owners and retail staff options in small business operations, customer service, supervision and management.
Go to the Project Downloads (below) to view the final draft units and qualification.
To provide any last comments on the units or qualification please use the link under Public Consultation and Feedback.
Last updated: October 2019
This project has had 865 visitors.