Project: Waste Management
On behalf of the Property Services IRC, Artibus Innovation has reviewed the waste management components in the CPP Property Services Training Package.
There are two revised qualifications. These have been structured to enhance flexibility and to support individuals to transition from one related occupation to another.
CPP30719 Certificate III in Waste Management
This qualification has two waste streams, collection and processing. It prepares people for operational roles such as machine and plant operators, sorters and recyclers.
CPP40919 Certificate IV in Waste Management
This qualification prepares people for administration and supervisory roles in a variety of contexts, including waste collection, landfill operations, waste management logistics planning, waste minimisation, customer service and sales.
In line with the implementation of the government’s reforms to training packages which include removing obsolete and underused qualifications from the system, two qualifications with minimal uptake are proposed for deletion:
- CPP20411 Certificate II in Waste Management
- CPP50811 Diploma of Waste Management.
Repetition across units has been removed by merging 35 units to create 10 new and 11 revised waste management units of competency. To further improve the efficiency of the training system at the unit level, a total of nineteen units are proposed for deletion from the national register as they are outdated and replicate cross-sector units or are deemed outside the scope of waste management.
The final draft units and qualifications and a mapping which summarises changes to the is available below.
For further information please contact the project manager on the details below.
Last updated: November 2019
This project has had 1959 visitors.
Public consultation and feedback
The following is a list of training package components under review in this project:
- CPP20411 Certificate II in Waste Management
- CPP30711 Certificate III in Waste Management
- CPP40911 Certificate IV in Waste Management
- CPP50811 Diploma of Waste Management
Units of Competency:
- CPPWMT2001A Prepare for work in the waste management industry
- CPPWMT2047A Assist with resource recovery
- CPPWMT2048A Prepare work areas for waste sorting
- CPPWMT2049A Identify waste emergency
- CPPWMT3001 Work effectively in waste management
- CPPWMT3002 Identify and segregate waste
- CPPWMT3003 Identify and respond to waste management hazards and emergencies
- CPPWMT3004 Comply with environmental protection requirements when transporting waste
- CPPWMT3005 Maintain waste management equipment and consumables storage area
- CPPWMT3006 Sort and prepare waste for re-use
- CPPWMT3007 Receive, transfer and dispatch waste
- CPPWMT3008 Operate waste processing plant
- CPPWMT3009 Process waste
- CPPWMT3010 Store and monitor contained waste
- CPPWMT3011 Place, compact and cover waste at landfill sites
- CPPWMT3012 Maintain waste disposal sites
- CPPWMT3013 Conduct waste resource recovery
- CPPWMT3014 Plan and conduct waste assessments
- CPPWMT3051A Dispose of waste water to sewer
- CPPWMT3054A Maintain credit control
- CPPWMT3063A Apply safe operational practices when vehicles contact overhead wires
- CPPWMT4001 Develop proposals for waste management services
- CPPWMT4002 Develop waste management plans
- CPPWMT4003 Implement waste management plans
- CPPWMT4004 Assess and prepare waste management tenders
- CPPWMT4005 Implement waste management site safety plans
- CPPWMT4006 Monitor waste disposal sites
- CPPWMT4007 Organise and monitor waste management operations
- CPPWMT4008 Implement landfill rehabilitation plans
- CPPWMT4009 Present waste management information to stakeholders
- CPPWMT4010 Assess and advise on waste avoidance options
- CPPWMT4011 Plan and conduct waste audits
- CPPWMT4012 Organise and monitor waste recovery operations
- CPPWMT4027A Select and obtain waste management plant, equipment and materials
- CPPWMT4037A Conduct minor maintenance and repairs on waste processing plant and equipment
- CPPWMT4050A Deliver training in hazard identification and waste emergency responses
- CPPWMT4060A Apply lean management techniques
- CPPWMT5033A Educate public on waste management
- CPPWMT5043A Develop and implement an environmental management strategy
- CPPWMT5057A Develop landfill rehabilitation plans
- CPPWMT5058A Develop emergency response plans
- CPPWMT5061A Plan resource recovery operations
The TAG Members page is not currently available.
The research section is not currently available.
This is an experimental page.