Project: Completion Services - Roof Tiling
Building Completion Services
Artibus has been reviewing and updating qualifications for a number of trades involved in the final stage of the construction process: roof tiling, solid plastering, wall and ceiling lining, wall and floor tiling, and construction waterproofing.
Thankyou to everyone who has provided input into this project. This project is currently with the State Training Authorities for support prior to submission to the February 2020 AISC meeting.
Most of these services, also known as finishing trades, have been identified by the Australian Government as being in high demand (National Skills Needs List). The sector is dominated by small to medium-sized businesses.
Certificate III in Roof Tiling
Units within this qualification have been updated to address new technologies and techniques, regulatory and licensing requirements in all jurisdictions, and the requirements of the National Construction Code.
Minor changes to the structure of the qualification have been made. The current qualification, CPC30812, consists of 14 core and 3 elective units. The updated qualification, CPC30820, will have 15 core and 3 elective units.
- CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry added as a core unit
- CPCCRT3003 Repair and replace valleys, valley irons and flashings added as a core unit (formerly an elective)
- CPCCCM2008B Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding removed from the core (added to electives).
Last updated: January 2020
This project has had 386 visitors.
Public consultation and feedback
The following is a list of training package components under review in this project:
- CPC3XX19 Certificate III in Roof Tiling
Units of Competency:
- CPCCRT2001 Handle roof tiling materials
- CPCCRT2002 Use roof tiling tools and equipment
- CPCCRT3001 Tile regular roofs
- CPCCRT3002 Tile irregular roofs
- CPCCRT3003 Repair and replace valleys, valley irons and flashings
- CPCCRT3004 Repair and renovate tile roofs
- CPCCRT3005 Slate a roof
- CPCCRT3006 Fix shingles to roofs and facades
The TAG Members page is not currently available.
The research section is not currently available.
This is an experimental page.