Project: Completion Services - Wall and Ceiling Lining
Building Completion Services
Artibus has been reviewing and updating qualifications for a number of trades involved in the final stage of the construction process: roof tiling, solid plastering, wall and ceiling ling, wall and floor tiling and construction waterproofing.
Thankyou to everyone who has provided input into this project. This project is currently with the State Training Authorities for support prior to submission to the February 2020 AISC meeting.
Most of these services, also known as finishing trades, have been identified by the Australian Government as being in high demand (National Skills Needs List). The sector is dominated by small to medium-sized businesses.
Certificate III in Wall and Ceiling Lining
This qualification provides trade skills and knowledge for wall and ceiling lining, also known as hanging plasterboard or drywall.
Units within this qualification have been updated to address new technologies and techniques, regulatory and licensing requirements in all jurisdictions, and the requirements of the National Construction Code.
Changes have been made to the structure of the qualification. The current qualification, CPC31211, requires the completion of 19 core and 7 elective units. The updated qualification will require the completion of 23 core and 7 elective units.
- CPCCPB3011A Finish category 1 and 2 wet areas has been removed from the qualification (formerly a core unit).
- CPCCWC3003 Install dry wall passive fire-rated systems, CPCCWC3004 Install suspended ceilings, CPCCCA3014 Construct and install bulkheads, and CPCCCA3026 Assemble partitions have been added to the core (formerly they were electives).
- CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry has been added as a core unit.
Last updated: January 2020
This project has had 505 visitors.
Public consultation and feedback
The following is a list of training package components under review in this project:
- CPC3XX19 Certificate III in Wall and Ceiling Lining
Units of Competency:
- CPCCPB3001 Fix standard plasterboard wall sheets
- CPCCPB3002 Fix standard plasterboard ceiling sheets
- CPCCPB3003 Fix battens
- CPCCPB3004 Fix wet area sheets
- CPCCPB3005 Fix ceiling sheets to external protected areas
- CPCCPB3006 Fix fibre cement board
- CPCCPB3007 Apply levels of finish standards to planning and inspection of own work
- CPCCPB3008 Mix plastering compounds
- CPCCPB3009 Finish plasterboard joins manually
- CPCCPB3010 Manually sand plaster work
- CPCCPB3011 Finish category 1 and 2 wet areas
- CPCCPB3013 Plan travel routes
- CPCCPB3015 Install acoustic and thermal environmental protection systems
- CPCCPB3016 Install and finish columns
- CPCCPB3017 Rectify faults in plaster applications
- CPCCPB3018 Use vacuum and electric sanding equipment to finish plaster work
- CPCCPB3019 Cut and fix paper-faced cornices
- CPCCPB3019 Inspect equipment for serviceability
- CPCCPB3020 Match mitre and install cast ornamental cornices
- CPCCPB3021 Install and fix residential acoustic plaster products
- CPCCPB3022 Use mechanic jointing equipment to finish joints
- CPCCPB3023 Load and unload plaster-related products
- CPCCPB3024 Use manual handling equipment to manoeuvre plaster products
- CPCCPB3025 Store plasterboard and related products
- CPCCPB3026B Erect and maintain trestle and plank systems
- CPCCWC2001 Complete penetrations and flashings
- CPCCWC3001 Install and finish plasterboard and fibre cement sheeting to curved walls and ceilings
- CPCCWC3002 Install and finish plasterboard and fibre cement sheeting to arches
- CPCCWC3003 Install dry wall passive fire-rated systems
- CPCCWC3004 Install suspended ceilings
The TAG Members page is not currently available.
The research section is not currently available.
This is an experimental page.