Project: Wall and Ceiling Lining
On behalf of the Construction, Plumbing and Services IRC, Artibus Innovation has reviewed and developed the CPC3XX19 Certificate III in Wall and Ceiling Lining qualification and 30 units of competency.
The Construction, Plumbing and Services IRC is updating the Building Completion Service qualifications in the CPC training package to align with key drivers for change (ie, new technologies, digitisation, new work practices, environmental regulations and new WHS requirements), current vocational outcomes, and transition to the Standards for Training Packages 2012.
The building completion services sectors involve “finishing” work such as plastering, carpentry, tiling and painting and decorating. Typically, businesses operate in local or specialised niche markets with few businesses operating in more than one state or territory. Across these sectors, licensing requirements vary depending on the type of work.
The qualifications in the scope of this project are meeting the needs of the skill shortage areas including: roof, wall and floor tilers, and solid and fibrous plasterers. The design of qualifications will support articulation and strengthen cross sector pathways to support occupational mobility.
A Technical Advisory Group (TAG) has been established to provide key input on the:
- suitability of packaging
- inclusion of skill sets
- unit relevancy and content.
Last updated: November 2019
This project has had 378 visitors.
Public consultation and feedback
The following is a list of training package components under review in this project:
- CPC3XX19 Certificate III in Wall and Ceiling Lining
Units of Competency:
- CPCCPB3001 Fix standard plasterboard wall sheets
- CPCCPB3002 Fix standard plasterboard ceiling sheets
- CPCCPB3003 Fix battens
- CPCCPB3004 Fix wet area sheets
- CPCCPB3005 Fix ceiling sheets to external protected areas
- CPCCPB3006 Fix fibre cement board
- CPCCPB3007 Apply levels of finish standards to planning and inspection of own work
- CPCCPB3008 Mix plastering compounds
- CPCCPB3009 Finish plasterboard joins manually
- CPCCPB3010 Manually sand plaster work
- CPCCPB3011 Finish category 1 and 2 wet areas
- CPCCPB3013 Plan travel routes
- CPCCPB3015 Install acoustic and thermal environmental protection systems
- CPCCPB3016 Install and finish columns
- CPCCPB3017 Rectify faults in plaster applications
- CPCCPB3018 Use vacuum and electric sanding equipment to finish plaster work
- CPCCPB3019 Cut and fix paper-faced cornices
- CPCCPB3019 Inspect equipment for serviceability
- CPCCPB3020 Match mitre and install cast ornamental cornices
- CPCCPB3021 Install and fix residential acoustic plaster products
- CPCCPB3022 Use mechanic jointing equipment to finish joints
- CPCCPB3023 Load and unload plaster-related products
- CPCCPB3024 Use manual handling equipment to manoeuvre plaster products
- CPCCPB3025 Store plasterboard and related products
- CPCCPB3026B Erect and maintain trestle and plank systems
- CPCCWC2001 Complete penetrations and flashings
- CPCCWC3001 Install and finish plasterboard and fibre cement sheeting to curved walls and ceilings
- CPCCWC3002 Install and finish plasterboard and fibre cement sheeting to arches
- CPCCWC3003 Install dry wall passive fire-rated systems
- CPCCWC3004 Install suspended ceilings
The TAG Members page is not currently available.
The research section is not currently available.
This is an experimental page.