Project: Completion Services - Wall and Floor Tiling
Building Completion Services
Artibus has been reviewing and updating qualifications for a number of trades involved in the final stage of the construction process: roof tiling, solid plastering, wall and ceiling ling, wall and floor tiling and construction waterproofing.
Thankyou to everyone who has provided input into this project. This project is currently with the State Training Authorities for support prior to submission to the February 2020 AISC meeting.
Most of these services, also known as finishing trades, have been identified by the Australian Government as being in high demand (National Skills Needs List). The sector is dominated by small to medium-sized businesses.
Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling
Units within this qualification have been updated to address new technologies and techniques, regulatory and licensing requirements in all jurisdictions, and the requirements of the National Construction Code.
Minor changes to the structure of the qualification have been made. The current qualification, CPC31311, requires the completion of 16 core and 3 elective units. The updated qualification, CPC31320, will require the completion of 18 core and 3 elective units.
- CPCCWF3005 Install decorative tiling has been added to the core (formerly it was an elective).
- CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry has been added as a core unit.
Last updated: January 2020
This project has had 616 visitors.
Public consultation and feedback
The following is a list of training package components under review in this project:
- CPC3XX19 Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling
Units of Competency:
- CPCCWF2001 Handle wall and floor tiling materials
- CPCCWF2002 Use wall and floor tiling tools and equipment
- CPCCWF3001 Prepare surfaces for tiling application
- CPCCWF3002 Fix floor tiles
- CPCCWF3003 Fix wall tiles
- CPCCWF3004 Repair wall and floor tiles
- CPCCWF3005 Carry out decorative tiling
- CPCCWF3006 Carry out mosaic tiling
- CPCCWF3007 Tile curved surfaces
- CPCCWF3008 Tile domestic pools and spas
The TAG Members page is not currently available.
The research section is not currently available.
This is an experimental page.