Project: Wall and Floor Tiling
On behalf of the Construction, Plumbing and Services IRC, Artibus Innovation has reviewed and developed the CPC3XX19 Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling qualification and 10 units of competency.
The Construction, Plumbing and Services IRC is updating the Building Completion Service qualifications in the CPC training package to align with key drivers for change (ie, new technologies, digitisation, new work practices, environmental regulations and new WHS requirements), current vocational outcomes, and transition to the Standards for Training Packages 2012.
The building completion services sectors involve “finishing” work such as plastering, carpentry, tiling and painting and decorating. Typically, businesses operate in local or specialised niche markets with few businesses operating in more than one state or territory. Across these sectors, licensing requirements vary depending on the type of work.
The qualifications in the scope of this project are meeting the needs of the skill shortage areas including: roof, wall and floor tilers, and solid and fibrous plasterers. The design of qualifications will support articulation and strengthen cross sector pathways to support occupational mobility.
A Technical Advisory Group (TAG) has been established to provide key input on the:
- suitability of packaging
- inclusion of skill sets
- unit relevancy and content.
Last updated: November 2019
This project has had 508 visitors.
Public consultation and feedback
The following is a list of training package components under review in this project:
- CPC3XX19 Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling
Units of Competency:
- CPCCWF2001 Handle wall and floor tiling materials
- CPCCWF2002 Use wall and floor tiling tools and equipment
- CPCCWF3001 Prepare surfaces for tiling application
- CPCCWF3002 Fix floor tiles
- CPCCWF3003 Fix wall tiles
- CPCCWF3004 Repair wall and floor tiles
- CPCCWF3005 Carry out decorative tiling
- CPCCWF3006 Carry out mosaic tiling
- CPCCWF3007 Tile curved surfaces
- CPCCWF3008 Tile domestic pools and spas
The TAG Members page is not currently available.
The research section is not currently available.
This is an experimental page.