While traditional construction skills remain at the core of shopfitting, the profession increasingly requires a wider range of skills and knowledge.
Shopfitters need to make use of rapidly evolving technology, including computer-controlled component manufacture and computer-aided drafting and design.
Shopfitting requires more than just a purely utilitarian approach to the installation of counters, displays, shelves, lighting and other fixtures. Rising competition, including from online businesses, is driving retail and service industries to develop commercial spaces not just for efficient delivery of goods and services but also to enhance customer experience and engagement.
The regulatory environment has changed. Shopfitters need to be familiar with the new National Construction Code and with stronger regulations for disability access and customer and worker health and safety.
This changing environment means that the national qualification and units of competency that support shopfitting need to be reviewed. Artibus Innovation has been commissioned to manage this project under the direction of the Construction, Plumbing and Services IRC.
We are seeking input from employers, workers, regulators, trainers and industry bodies to help us review the Certificate III in Shopfitting. We want your advice on the structure of this qualification. Are the core and elective units appropriate? Should any be added or removed?
We'd also like your feedback on the content within each unit of competency. Units that are native to this qualification (CPCCSH3001–3010) need to be reviewed and updated to better cover the skills and knowledge required by industry in the 2020s (the latest drafts are available here). Units that have been imported from other qualifications need to be assessed as to whether they still fit the needs of this qualification.
Last updated: January 2020
This project has had 422 visitors.
Public consultation and feedback
The following is a list of training package components under review in this project:
- CPC30116 Certificate III in Shopfitting
Units of Competency:
- CPCCSH3001 Fabricate shopfitting components using CNC machines
- CPCCSH3002 Fabricate and assemble shopfront structures
- CPCCSH3003 Assemble and install shopfront structures
- CPCCSH3004 Assemble internal shopfitting units and prepare for transport
- CPCCSH3005 Apply and trim decorative additions to shopfittings and components
- CPCCSH3006 Prepare shopfittings and surfaces and apply liquid finishes
- CPCCSH3007 Install prefabricated internal shopfitting units
- CPCCSH3008 Install internal shop walls and fixtures
- CPCCSH3009 Demolish shopfronts and bulkheads
- CPCCSH3010 Prepare shop floors for new coverings
The TAG Members page is not currently available.
The research section is not currently available.
This is an experimental page.