Project: Brick and Block / Stonemasonry
The Bricklaying/Blocklaying and Stonemasonry Project includes the review of the following three qualifications:
- CPC30111 Certificate III in Bricklaying/Blocklaying
- CPC31611 Certificate III in Paving
- CPC32313 Certificate III in Stonemasonry (Monumental/Installation)
Thankyou to everyone who has provided input into this project. The Case for Endorsement will be considered by the Australian Industry Skills Committee at their meeting on February 25th. A project update will be released upon receipt of the official Communique from that meeting.
The new Certificate III in Stonemasonry will drop ‘Monumental/Installation’ from its title.
The paving qualification has had no completions in recent years, and there is widespread industry agreement that this qualification is redundant. Certificate III in Paving is to be deleted, with the following paving units available as a specialisation within Certificate III in Bricklaying and Blocklaying:
- CPCCPA3001A Prepare subgrade, base and bedding course for segmental paving
- CPCCPA3002A Lay segmental paving
- CPCCPA3003A Cut segmental paving
- CPCCPA3004A Finish segmental paving
- CPCCPA3005A Maintain and repair segmental paving.
New units created
- CPCCST2007 Use stonemasonry tools, plant and equipment
- CPCCST3023 Apply drawing principles to stonemasonry
- CPCCST3024 Apply conservation principles and practices to heritage stonework
- CPCCST3025 Carry out basic stonemasonry demolition
Work safely unit
CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry has been added as a core unit to both qualifications.
Last updated: February 2020
This project has had 2226 visitors.
Public consultation and feedback
CPC32320 Certificate III in Stonemasonry
CPC33020 Certificate III in Bricklaying and blocklaying
Credit Arrangements CPC30120 Certificate III in Bricklaying and blocklaying
Credit Arrangements CPC32320 Certificate III in Stonemasonry
Units of Competency