Project: Carpentry and Joinery
On behalf of the Construction, Plumbing and Services IRC, Artibus Innovation has reviewed and developed the following training package components:
- 5 qualifications:
- CPC30211 Certificate III in Carpentry
- CPC31511 Certificate III in Formwork / Falsework
- CPC31912 Certificate III in Joinery
- CPC32011 Certificate III in Carpentry and Joinery
- CPC32211 Certificate III in Joinery (Stairs)
There is a high degree of overlap in core units between these qualifications, and industry consultation has shown widespread support for simplification. As a result, the proposed new qualifications are:
- CPC30220 Certificate III in Carpentry (superseding and equivalent to CPC30211, CPC31511 and CPC32011)
- CPC31920 Certificate III in Joinery (superseding and equivalent to CPC31912 and CPC32211)
Thankyou to everyone who has provided input into this project. The Case for Endorsement will be considered by the Australian Industry Skills Committee at their meeting on February 25th. A project update will be released upon receipt of the official Communique from that meeting.
This reduction in qualifications also complies with COAG’s (Council of Australian Governments) directive to remove superfluous qualifications. Specialist working groups (residential, commercial, formwork, joinery, and heritage and restoration) were established to ensure that the new qualifications meet the required range of vocational outcomes. The new qualifications allow electives to be chosen to address specific vocational needs, while ensuring that all carpenters and joiners have a common core of essential skills.
New units have been developed to address skills and knowledge gaps identified through industry consultations. These are:
- CPCCCA3024 Install lining, panelling and moulding
- CPCCCA3025 Read and interpret plans and speciﬁcations for carpentry work
- CPCCCA3026 Assemble partitions
- CPCCCA3027 Set up, operate and maintain indirect action powder-actuated power tools
Work safely unit
CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry has been added as a core unit to each qualification.
Last updated: February 2020
This project has had 3403 visitors.
Public consultation and feedback
CPC30220 Certificate III in Carpentry
CPC31920 Certificate III in Joinery
Credit Arrangements CPC30220 Certificate III in Carpentry
Credit Arrangements CPC31920 Certificate III in Joinery
Units of Competency